This week, we begin our Unit of Study on Israel ~ Destruction and Reconstruction. This four-week unit will integrate our sixth-grade ELA common core standards and our sixth-grade History/Social Studies content standards. Here are our priority standards for this unit.
- Determine a central idea of a text and analyze its development over the course of the text; summarize the text.
- Trace and evaluate the argument and specific claims in a text, distinguishing claims that are supported by reasons and evidence from claims that are not.
- Write arguments to support claims with clear reasons and relevant evidence.
- Support claim(s) with clear reasons and relevant evidence, demonstrating an understanding of the topic or text.
- Use words, phrases, and clauses to clarify relationships among claims and reasons.
- With some guidance and support from peers and adults, develop and strengthen writing by planning, revising, editing, rewriting, or trying a new approach.
- Delineate a speaker’s argument and specific claims, distinguishing claims that are supported by reasons and evidence from claims that are not.
- Analyze the geographic, political, economic, religious, and social structures of the Ancient Hebrews.
Here are some files we will use in our study. Check back often, as I will continue to upload files as we proceed.
- Ancient Israelites Chapter Overview (doc)
- Biography – King David (PDF)
- Biography Rubric (PDF)
- Summarize the Text 1 – The First Israelites (doc)
- Summarize the Text 2 – Kingdom of Israel (doc)
- Summarize the Text – The Growth of Judaism (doc)
- Ten Commandments (PDF)
- Ten Commandments Graphic Organizer (doc)
- Unit of Study ~ Israel (PPT)
- Unit of Study Overview (doc)
- Vocabulary Chart (PDF)
- Voracious Vocabulary (doc)
Online Interactive Study Materials:
Dig deep and enjoy the quest, scholars!