This week, we are reading “Gloria Estefan“ in our Houghton Mifflin reading anthology. We will use this POWERPOINT to guide our introduction of the story. In addition, here are some resources to increase your comprehension and enjoyment of this reading selection.
BUILD YOUR SKILLS:
Comprehension and Analysis Skills:
- Learn about the Author.
- Share your musical interests with this online Face the Music poll.
- Visit Gloria Estefan’s Official Website.
- Study the vocabulary and play games with these flashcards.
- Play our e-Word Game to practice the vocabulary words.
- Choose the correct object pronoun in this Pronoun Popper game.
- Practice object pronouns with this Exercise on Pronouns.
- Practice possessive pronouns with this Exercise on Pronouns.
- Review homophones with this Word Confusion game.
- Practice more homophones with this Homophones Pop-Up game.
ANALYZE AND RESPOND IN A BLOG COMMENT
Why do you think Gloria Estefan enjoyed music so much while she was growing up?
Do you think Gloria and Emilio Estefan make a good musical team? Explain.
What do you learn about Gloria Estefan’s personality from the way she recovered from her accident?
Would you enjoy having the kind of fame that Gloria Estefan has achieved? Why or why not?
What qualities and accomplishments make Gloria Estefan a hero?
TAKE THE AR TEST (by Friday):
Gloria Estefan (HM Edition)
AR Quiz No. 902062 EN Nonfiction
BL: 4.7 – AR Pts: N/A
AR Quiz Types: OR
Selection from Houghton Mifflin “Traditions” Grade 4 Pupil Edition.